Kenya Wildlife Safari
Africa > Kenya | 8 days
Trip Code: DKKWD
Experiencing outstanding wildlife viewing and daily lectures with an expert naturalist, Visiting chimpanzee and rhino sanctuaries with a park ranger, Participating in a unique nighttime game drive in Soysambu Conservancy.
As you seek out the lions that call Masai Mara home, you might appear as a small dot on the vast savannah but you’re definitely part of a big adventure—the ultimate Kenyan safari. In agile 4x4 vehicles, with your naturalist guide, track the Big Five across the spectacular wilderness. At night, retire to comfortable tented safari camps to recount the day’s exploits and really experience this unspoiled wilderness. From the depths of the Great Rift Valley to the highs of capturing reclusive wildlife in your camera’s viewfinder, give your senses a primal overload in the African bush.
Check out our Trip Details for even more information about this trip.
Day 1 Nairobi
Arrive at any time. Transfer to hotel included.
Day 2 Ol Pejeta Conservancy/Sweetwaters Game Reserve (1B, 1L, 1D)
Afternoon safari game drive through a private conservancy and visit to the Jane Goodall Chimpanzee Sanctuary with a park ranger.
Day 3 Nakuru area/Soysambu Conservancy (1B, 1L, 1D)
Morning game drive at Sweetwaters Game Reserve than visit to the Morani Rhino Sanctuary with a park ranger. Nighttime game drive at Soysambu Conservancy.
Day 4 Nakuru National Park/Masai Mara Game Reserve (1B, 1L, 1D)
Morning game drive in Lake Nakuru National Park. Afternoon game drive in Masai Mara.
Days 5-6 Masai Mara Game Reserve (2B, 2L, 2D)
Daily game drives and lectures in the Masai Mara Game Reserve with your local naturalist. Option to take a balloon safari and visit a Masai village.
Day 7 Nairobi (1B, 1L)
Morning safari game drive then return to Nairobi.
Day 8 Nairobi (1B)
Depart at anytime.
After choosing your desired tour, you will need to select a departure date that works for you. You can view all of our dates and prices on any tour page. You may also want to consider the need for a private room during the tour. Please remember to ask for an air quote. It is important however that you do not purchase tickets that carry cancellations penalties until your trip is guaranteed to run.
- Available – Trips marked as available means there are at least 4 spots left on your tour.
- On Request– Less than 4 spaces are left, or we need to contact a local supplier, especially in the case of independent tours.
- Waitlist – There is currently no space available, but you can ask to be contacted if anything opens up.
Guaranteed - We guarantee our tours 60 days before departure. Some popular tours are guaranteed before this date. If your tour indicates it is guaranteed, you can proceed to book your international airfare once you receive your booking confirmation.
Inca Trail Status - For Peru trips that involve hiking the Inca Trail permits often sell out many months in advance. Permits can either be available, on request or sold out. If sold out, then you can either take a different hiking route to Machu Picchu or extend your stay in Cuzco and visit Machu Picchu by train. We recommend the sooner you book your trip the better.
Book your Tour Online
When you decide to “book now” you will proceed to our secure, online booking pages that are encrypted for online purchases. The processing steps are explained below. Essential information comes first. Let us know who you are and whom you are traveling with.
- Add your personal information for our “passenger” section, such as name (as it appears on your passport), email, date of birth and save that information.
- Please advise us of any medical or meal requirements at this time.
- If you are travelling with anyone else, enter their personal information next, and continue doing this for any passengers you are booking and paying for.
- Review our insurance section so that you’re aware of our requirements.
Note: Discovery Adventures can book your insurance for you.
Proceed to the checkout...
- Please refer to your invoice for a recap of the total cost of services and tours you have requested. Once you have confirmed that your booking details are correct, it is time to book.
- “Hold an option,” means you will have 48 hours to decide, without being charged on your credit card. If you do not confirm, we will release your space for someone else.
- On most tours you can “hold an option” with a credit card or “confirm a booking”.
- Confirming a booking means your credit card will be charged the deposit amount of your tour. The following are the amounts: CAD 250, AUD 250, NZD 250, USD 250, GBP 100, EUR 250.
- Note that you will be charged the full tour amount if your booking request is within 60 days of departure.
- Enter your credit card information as requested and submit the booking to complete your transaction!
- It is a good idea to record your Booking Number and ID for future reference.
We'll be in touch!
Upon receipt of your request, our reservations team will prepare your invoices and documents, and review any special requirements for the tour(s) and services you have requested. You will hear from us within 24 hours of your request by email.
- Please note, even if your online booking went through and you’ve received your booking number, a quality control check is required for all bookings before we can advise to book airfare or extra services.
- We will answer any questions you may have, and provide competitive quotes on both insurance and airfare over the phone.
Good things to know before you go on your Discovery Adventures trip.
Our Discovery Adventures Specialists will take care of all the details of your trip, however some travelers enjoy doing a little research on their own to be ahead of the game. Here are some tips and links to get you started.
- Passport: Make sure your passport is valid up to 6 months from your return date.
- Travel Visas - Requirements change frequently and are dependent upon your nationality and your destination. You are responsible for obtaining your own Visas. Check the Plan Your Trip page to determine if a Visa is required for your specific trip.
- Travel Reports: Most governments have websites dedicated to providing the most up-to-date travel information including recent news and background information on every country. Please visit the US State site for information about your destination and international travel
- Arrival and Departure taxes/fees: Check your tour confirmation documents and speak with a Discovery Adventure Specialist if you have any questions.
- Immunizations and travel health issues: Be sure to get the most accurate and up-to-date health information for the region you will be visiting. Check with your general physician or a specialist from your local travel health clinic.
- Good Health Practices: Adjusting to new climates and cultural conditions can cause some minor complications. This guide will help you stay healthy while you travel.
- Travel Insurance: Be sure to acquire the necessary travel insurance before your trip. You will not be allowed to participate without showing proof of adequate coverage.
- Packing Tips: Create your own packing list based on your destination, accommodations, weather and tour activities. Leave jewelery at home and keep makeup to a minimum. Travel size toiletries stored in a waterproof kit are recommended. Pack once…divide it in half and pack again. (Please verify weight and carry on restrictions with your airline carrier.)
- ex Nairobi
- Max 6, Avg 5
- Comfort hotels (2 nts), comfort tented camps (4 nts), Banda (1 nt)
- 6-seat 4x4 safari vehicle, walking.
- 7 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 5 Dinners.
- Discovery Adventures guide, local guides and park rangers, certified driver/guide.
- Allow USD60-75 for meals and drinks (including bottled water) not included.
- Please note that if you have booked the "My Own Room" option for this tour, you will receive your own single room for all night stops.
- Arrival transfer - Welcome gift - Entrances and game drives in Ol Pejeta Conservancy, Soysambu Conservancy, Lake Nakuru National Park and Masai Mara Game Reserve - Night game drive at Soysambu Conservancy - Park ranger guided visits to the Morani rhino and chimpanzee sanctuaries.