About Our Trips
More than a trip – it’s an adventure of a lifetime.
Discovery Adventures invites you to pack your curiosity and venture forth into the very heart of adventure. Challenge your inner explorer and immerse yourself in the real-world wonder of exotic cultures, ancient customs, and pure awe-inspiring wilderness. Go where we go and discover a world you never knew existed.
With Every Turn Comes a New Adventures
Built on the belief that the journey is the destination, each and every Discovery Adventures trip is committed to pushing the boundaries of active and intellectual exploration wherever the path may lead.
Authentic interactive exploration is the key to an unforgettable Discovery Adventures trip. Explore local villages and discover extraordinary ways of life long forgotten by the modern world. Illuminate the possibilities of global unity as you share in the genuine hospitality and time-honored traditions of native communities. Behold the majestic splendor of the untamed wild and breathe deep the promise of all the world has to offer.
Exploring specialized museums and historic sites are at the core of any travel experience. Discovery Adventures takes you back in time to re-live history and learn the local culture through dance, cuisine, and local family interaction. Whatever your passion, Discovery Adventures will ignite your imagination and expand your horizons with unimaginable beauty, inspiration, and diversity.
In order to minimize footprints and ensure exclusive and intimate interaction with local communities, Discovery Adventures strives to maintain environmentally-friendly expeditions of no more than 16 travelers.
At Discovery Adventures, your comfort and safety is always a priority. With two distinct service levels, Comfort and Superior Comfort, and arrival transfers included on all Discovery Adventures, you will be taken care of right from start to finish. Accommodations range from quaint hotels with unique local character to authentic jungle safari eco lodges. Meals vary from tour to tour but always include plenty of opportunities to feast on local fare. Transportation is private whenever possible, with well-maintained vehicles, air-conditioning, and ample room for luggage. In addition to train, boat, and ferry, local public transportation may also include such customary modes of travel as rickshaw, felucca boat, or even elephant!
Discovery Adventures Guides
Handpicked for their extensive knowledge and unparalleled expertise in their respective fields, Discovery Adventures Guides are dedicated to enhancing your travel experience. In addition to your Discovery Adventure guide, your tour will be accompanied by professional and highly-skilled specialist guides consisting of historians, archeologists, artisans, and naturalists. These remarkable men and women offer keen insight and a unique personal perspective to each and every Discovery Adventure.
How to Book
1. Choose Your DepartureRead More
After choosing your desired tour, you will need to select a departure date that works for you. You can view all of our dates and prices on any tour page. You may also want to consider the need for a private room during the tour. Please remember to ask for an air quote. It is important however that you do not purchase tickets that carry cancellations penalties until your trip is guaranteed to run.
- Available – Trips marked as available means there are at least 4 spots left on your tour.
- On Request – Less than 4 spaces are left, or we need to contact a local supplier, especially in the case of independent tours.
- Waitlist – There is currently no space available, but you can ask to be contacted if anything opens up.
- Guaranteed - We guarantee our tours 60 days before departure. Some popular tours are guaranteed before this date. If your tour indicates it is guaranteed, you can proceed to book your international airfare once you receive your booking confirmation.
- Inca Trail Status - For Peru trips that involve hiking the Inca Trail permits often sell out many months in advance. Permits can either be available, on request or sold out. If sold out, then you can either take a different hiking route to Machu Picchu or extend your stay in Cuzco and visit Machu Picchu by train. We recommend the sooner you book your trip the better.
2. Book Your Tour OnlineRead More
When you decide to “book now” you will proceed to our secure, online booking pages that are encrypted for online purchases. The processing steps are explained below.
Essential information comes first. Let us know who you are and whom you are traveling with.
Book Your Tour Online
- Add your personal information for our “passenger” section, such as name (as it appears on your passport), email, date of birth and save that information.
- Please advise us of any medical or meal requirements at this time.
- If you are traveling with anyone else, enter their personal information next, and continue doing this for any passengers you are booking and paying for.
- Review our insurance section so that you’re aware of our requirements.
Note: Discovery Adventures can book your insurance for you.
Proceed to the checkout...
- Please refer to your invoice for a recap of the total cost of services and tours you have requested. Once you have confirmed that your booking details are correct, it is time to book.
- “Hold an option,” means you will have 48 hours to decide, without being charged on your credit card. If you do not confirm, we will release your space for someone else.
- On most tours you can “hold an option” with a credit card or “confirm a booking”.
- Confirming a booking means your credit card will be charged the deposit amount of your tour. The following are the amounts: CAD 250, AUD 250, NZD 250, USD 250, GBP 100, EUR 250.
- Note that you will be charged the full tour amount if your booking request is within 60 days of departure.
- Enter your credit card information as requested and submit the booking to complete your transaction!
- It is a good idea to record your Booking Number and ID for future reference.
3. We’ll Be In Touch!Read More
Upon receipt of your request, our reservations team will prepare your invoices and documents, and review any special requirements for the tour(s) and services you have requested. You will hear from us within 24 hours of your request by email.
We'll Be In Touch!
- Please note, even if your online booking went through and you’ve received your booking number, a quality control check is required for all bookings before we can advise to book airfare or extra services.
- We will answer any questions you may have, and provide competitive quotes on both insurance and airfare over the phone.
Plan Your Trip
Good things to know before you go on a Discovery Adventures trip.
Our Discovery Adventures Specialists will take care of all the details of your trip, however some travelers enjoy doing a little research on their own to be ahead of the game. Here are some tips and links to get you started.
- Passport: Make sure your passport is valid up to 6 months from your return date.
- Travel Visas: Requirements change frequently and are dependent upon your nationality and your destination. You are responsible for obtaining your own Visas. Check the Plan Your Trip page to determine if a Visa is required for your specific trip.
- Travel Reports: Most governments have websites dedicated to providing the most up-to-date travel information including recent news and background information on every country. Please visit the US State site for information about your destination and international travel
- Arrival and Departure taxes/fees: Check your tour confirmation documents and speak with a Discovery Adventure Specialist if you have any questions.
- Immunizations and travel health issues: Be sure to get the most accurate and up-to-date health information for the region you will be visiting. Check with your general physician or a specialist from your local travel health clinic.
- Good Health Practices: Adjusting to new climates and cultural conditions can cause some minor complications. This guide will help you stay healthy while you travel.
- Travel Insurance: Be sure to acquire the necessary travel insurance before your trip. You will not be allowed to participate without showing proof of adequate coverage. View a copy of our current insurance policy [pdf].
- Packing Tips: The rule of thumb when packing is to pack once...cut it in half and pack again! Create your own packing list based on your destination, accommodations, weather and tour activities. Leave jewelry at home and keep makeup to a minimum. Travel size toiletries stored in a waterproof kit are recommended. (Please verify weight and carry on restrictions with your airline carrier.)
- FAQs | Terms & Conditions